We hope you had as much fun as we did in this doTERRA BOGO week (of course you did, the energy was out of control + amazing!). To add a little more “how” to the new oils shimmying their way to your doorstep this week via your friendly neighbourhood postman, I've created a little guide just for you. A fun + practical guide to using the oils specifically offered during BOGO week.
I so appreciate you all for loving these oils as much as I do, and for taking the next step of your oils journey (whether that’s your first oils ever, adding a few new oils to your collection, or stocking up on your faves because you’re a seasoned oiler who knows what they need + love when it comes to oils).
I know that joining us in this empowered oils lifestyle is much more than just what’s in the bottle…..and we’re thrilled that we get to continue to support, inspire, educate and connect with you.
When feelings of boredom and disinterest take over, the doTERRA Passion Inspiring Blend will help to rekindle feelings of excitement, passion and joy.
- Diffuse in the morning to start the day feeling energized and enthusiastic.
- Apply to pulse points and heart throughout the day to feel inspired and passionate.
- Diffuse at work to spark creativity, clarity, and wonder.
- Use as a natural perfume free of nasty toxins ans chemials.
- Ignites feelings of excitement, passion, and joy
- Counteracts negative feelings of boredom and disinterest
Use the doTERRA Peace Blend to promote feelings of contentment, composure, and reassurance when anxious feelings overwhelm you.
- Give yourself peace of mind by rubbing doTERRA Peace Reassuring Blend into your temples.
- Apply doTERRA Peace Reassuring Blend to tense shoulders.
- When experiencing anxious feelings, apply one drop to hands, rub together, and inhale deeply.
- To calm an upset or restless child, apply to bottoms of feet.
Through a collaborative sourcing initiative in Guatemala, doTERRA retrieves high quality Cardamom seeds which are distilled into Cardamom essential oil that can assist with gastrointestinal and respiratory health.
- Use internally as part of a daily health regimen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.
- Add to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
- Diffuse or inhale for a sense of openness and mental clarity.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 1 litre of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Black Pepper is best known as a common cooking spice that enhances the flavor of foods, but its internal and topical benefits are equally noteworthy. This essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity and ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats. Black Pepper promotes healthy circulation, but should be used with caution when applied topically due to its strong warming sensation. It can also help with the digestion of foods, making it an ideal oil to cook with and enjoy both for its flavor and internal benefits.
- Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Take one to two drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high.
- Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
With a minty, fresh aroma, doTERRA Easy Air has been specially formulated to provide the user with a cooling, invigorating blend that is known for its calming aroma.
- Apply topically to chest and under nose for an invigorating aroma.
- Combine with Epsom salts in a warm bath for a soothing sensation.
- Add three drops to shower floor for an aroma that promotes vitality
- Diffuse during changing seasons for a relaxing aroma.
- Diffuse for a calming aroma that promotes relaxation before bed.
- Use to make a chest rub with coconut oil and beeswax.
- Diffuse at night to create a restful environment and to support the snorer in the house.
- Apply diluted to your chest before exercise to open up the airways.
Referred to as a “forbidden fruit” and one of the “Seven Wonders of Barbados”, Grapefruit was first documented in 1750 by Welshman Rev. Griffith Hughes. The name “grapefruit” is attributed to the fruits growing in clusters which resemble those of grapes. Grapefruit is known for its energising, invigorating and uplifting aroma. Grapefruit is also renowned for its cleansing and purifying properties and is frequently used in skin care for its ability to promote the appearance of clear, healthy-looking skin.
- Add to your teenager’s facial routine to improve the appearance of blemishes (avoid sun exposure).
- A great oil to diffuse before and during exercising.
- Diffuse to uplift mood
Enjoy all the amazing topical benefits of Frankincense with this easy to use roll-on.
- King of oils + the oil of truth
- Use for skin – think fine lines, scars, wrinkles
- Helps when you are feeling stressed or depressed
- Use for back pain, inflammation, headaches
- Great for immune system and cellular health
- + helps other oils penetrate deeper into the cells for increased effectiveness
- Only oil that can cross the blood brain barrier so will have a huge impact on our emotional and neurological health
- Promotes feelings of relaxation when applied topically
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections
- Rejuvenating and soothing to the skin
Enjoy the unique aroma and powerful benefits of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend in a convenient roll-on application.
- The oil of protection
- Perfect for this time of year – use when seasonal threats are high i.e. coughs, colds, sniffles
- Cold sores, warts, fungal and parasite issues
- Kills germs and airborne pathogens
- Perfect hand sanitizer that wont dry out your hands
- Perfect for keeping the little ones healthy
- Apply to chest or feet when seasonal threats are high.
- Use on palms of hands to purify skin.
- Apply to wrists or pulse points for an energizing aroma throughout the day.
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, allowing for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to shampoo for a healthy scalp
- Support yourself during your monthly cycle
- Support yourself throughout labour (only use after 38 weeks)
- Diffuse in the evenings for a restful environment
- Mix with water in a linen / pillow spray
- Use in a blend as a natural perfume
- Combine with roman chamomile and add to Epsom salts and soak away any stress
- Support for menopause and hot flushes
- Combine with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
Patchouli is a bushy herb from the mint family with stems reaching two or three feet in height and bearing small, pink-white flowers. Easily recognised for its rich, musky-sweet fragrance, Patchouli is regularly used in the perfume industry as well as in scented products such as laundry detergents and air fresheners. Patchouli is beneficial to the skin in many ways.
- Add to skincare routine for a smooth, glowing complexion
- Great base for a hair detangler -use with rosemary, geranium and tea tree – doubles as a great spray for kids hair to keep the lice away
- Use as a natural mosquito repellent
- Add to a DIY natural deo for your pits!
- Combine with Myrr or Frankincense for stretch marks and skin issues
- Grounding, balancing effect on emotions
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin imperfections
The beautiful thing about dōTERRA is that you get to be involved at whatever level you want to.
Here’s the 3 pathways you can choose from when you get started with my oils tribe:
You love the oils and you’ll be an oil user for life, but you can’t see yourself telling anyone about them. (you want to be a CLOSET user) That’s ok!
You’re sure you’re going to love the oils, and you don’t even have yours yet but you’re already talking about them to people. When someone presents a health goal or concern, you think, “I bet there’s an oil that could help with that!” You can see yourself sharing naturally when it comes up with friends, family, and coworkers, and you’d like to host a class or get some support from us in learning how to help others start using dōTERRA. You’d also like some basic training to understand how commissions are earned, how to share dōTERRA without being weird (ha....I know you know what I mean), and how to earn free gifts while helping others find natural solutions in their lives.
You want to do what I do (educate people on how to use essential oils) and you might not have any idea what that means yet, but you feel curious and want to know more about the training + how to create a part time or a full time income with doTERRA.
Have a think on which pathway sounds most like you and read on for more info on how to take that next step forward (whatever that is for you)
Let’s expand on that info a bit (after you’ve picked which pathway is right for you).
If you picked pathway number 1, 2 or 3, everyone starts in the exact same place. The Oils.
doTERRA is really unique in the network marketing space. In other network marketing companies, there’s often a high % of people doing the business side of things and a smaller percentage who are purely customers. This type of company has a SUPER unsustainable business model because they don’t have a loyal customer base who love and need the product.
doTERRA has 6 million customers worldwide (they’re the largest essential oil company in the world) and approximately 75% of those customers are purely that.....customers. Customers who adore the oils, use them everyday and aren’t interested in the business side. This is a great thing. It means sustainability and a product that has a need that’s not being fulfilled by the other oils that are available on store shelves.
So that’s what I say when I say that no matter what pathway you’re interested in (live, share or build), then we all start at the same place. The Oils.
Does pathway number 2 of 3 speak to you? The Share pathway or the Build (what I do) pathway? Fun! We get to talk about my fave thing: the doTERRA Biz Opp.
I won’t touch on this much here because everything always starts with the oils and using and loving them is always the place to start.
But maybe you’re like me when I began.....and you’ve been feeling a pull (again you can’t quite put your finger on why) to know more about the doTERRA biz side of things. If that’s you, head here and read a bit about my Essential Society biz tribe (they’re the best), the doTERRA compensation plan, why the doTERRA biz and why Network Marketing is the best business model when it’s based on an incredible product and a company with integrity/vision.
But enough from me for now, I hope you enjoy your BOGO oils and find this guide useful in using ALL of them in your home.
Sarah + The Essential Society tribe.
PS I have created this as a PDF guide too so just click on the image below to download and print it out so you have it handy.
To purchase doTERRA essential oils go to: http://mydoterra.com/sarahpoppy
1. Select join and save
2. Choose wholesale customer (if you plan to be a customer only - you can upgrade later but we can chat about that) or wellness advocate if you want to build a business with doTERRA or refer your family and friends and earn some money back for doing so.
3. Fill in your details
4. Choose whichever starter kit you feel drawn to (my pick is the Home Essentials Kit + Fractionated Coconut oil as it has everything you need to get started, otherwise select the Introductory Enrolment Packet and add the individual oils you would like to start with)
For more info on how to purchase click here: http://bit.ly/1pnyOwc