These three oils recently announced at the annual global doTERRA convention in Utah have quickly become new favs of mine (yes I have a lot but these three are on high rotation in my life) so I wanted to share a bit about each of them for you.
Rose is known as the ‘queen of oils’ and is sourced from Bulgaria. Before the sun crests the horizon, workers can be found in fields harvesting the delicate bloom of the rosa damascena. The labor-intensive production process has a very low yield; it takes approximately 1,160,000 freshly picked rose petals to produce 30 mL of Rose essential oil. Because the petals are so delicate, the distillation process must happen the same day that the flower is harvested. But, from this labour comes an essential oil known for its sweet floral aroma that’s beautiful and romantic.
Rose essential oil helps balance moisture levels in skin, reduces the appearance of skin imperfections, and promotes healthy and even skin tone.
The uplifting aroma of Rose is an intriguing mixture of depth and complex sweetness.
The Rose Touch pre-diluted roller bottle is ready to go for topical application and I love wearing it as a fragrance – it makes me feel feminine and pretty – it smells so good!
Rose essential oil:
- Is emotionally uplifting
- Helps balance moisture levels in the skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Supports a healthy immune response
- Promotes feelings of energy and vitality
- Promotes healthy brain activity for children
- When used with Neroli stimulates feelings of happiness and contentment after childbirth
- And science has shown that rose helps to get over morphine withrdrawal
This is another oil that is great as a natural perfume. It smells delightful. Like Rose essential oil, Jamine blossoms are best harvested in the morning, right before they close up for the hottest hours of the day. This is when the flowers are most fragrant and have the highest percentage of components intact.
This video shows you the amazingly intricate work the doTERRA Jasmine growers perform to cultivate, harvest and extract this essential oil.
Renowned as the “King of Flowers,” Jasmine is prized for its delicate white flowers, which emit a highly fragrant aroma for up to 36 hours after being hand-picked.
dōTERRA Jasmine essential oil provides a myriad of benefits, both aromatically and topically. Its esteemed fragrance can be calming, yet euphoric, instilling a positive outlook. Emotionally, Jasmine promotes feelings of joy, peace, and self-confidence. Jasmine is known to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and promote healthy looking, radiant skin. Jasmine may also be beneficial in nourishing and protecting the scalp. Due to the large amount of flowers needed to produce a small amount of oil, Jasmine is highly sought after in both the perfume industry and in aromatherapy.
Fun fact about Jasmine - It takes 21,000 petals to produce a 5 mL bottle, and it takes 1.5 days to collect.
Use Jasmine to:
- Uplift mood
- Reduce the appearance of blemishes and skin imperfections
- Promote a healthy-looking, glowing complexion
- Help with period pain and labour
- Help to balance the Central Nervous System
- Evoke feelings of joy, peace, and self-confidence
- Helps balance mood throughout the month
- Nourishes and protects the skin and scalp
Despite the odd-sounding name, Neroli is actually an oil from a familiar source—the bitter orange tree. This tree is also the source of Petitgrain oil from its leaves and twigs, and bitter orange oil from the rind of its fruit, which is different from Wild Orange.
Neroli is now a new oil in the doTERRA Touch® line, and as such comes packaged in a 10 mL roller bottle for a convenient way to apply the oil.
Because doTERRA Neroli Touch is diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, it is primarily meant to be used topically or aromatically. Here are some ways to incorporate it into your daily life:
- Before any big event, keep your skin looking its best by applying Neroli directly to skin before using moisturiser to reduce the appearance of blemishes. You can also apply it throughout the day as needed.
- Apply to your pulse points on your wrists, neck, or the side of your forehead to uplift your mood and enjoy the sweet citrusy scent.
- When you’re feeling anxious or frazzled, apply Neroli to your palms and cup your hands around your nose. Breathe in the scent deeply a few times to feel more relaxed and at peace.
- Roll a small amount onto skin and then add Lavender, Ylang Ylang, and Marjoram oils for an aromatic massage experience.
- Apply to neck and wrists to promote a positive mood or encourage relaxation
- Support a smooth transition through the stages of life by improving hormone concentrations
- Apply to skin to encourage feelings of intimacy
- Help with emotions to release and let go
Did you know?
As with most floral oils, timing is important when working with the blossoms. Orange blossoms will quickly lose their oil after they’ve been picked, and need to be steam distilled as soon as possible to produce the highest quality and quantity of oil possible.
These oils will be available to order from the US in early October. If you have not yet got started with essential oils and would like to purchase your own starter kit and set up your wholesale account so you can purchase these when they are available, go to: http://mydoterra.com/sarahpoppy
This month if you place a single 200PV order (new or existing) from the US warehouse you will get Balance, Citrus Bliss and Serenity for FREE:
A bit about these oils:
// CITRUS BLISS //
Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend holds energizing and refreshing properties that can uplift mood and reduce stress.
// BALANCE //
The grounding blend, promotes tranquility while bringing harmony to the mind and body, and balance to the emotions.
// SERENITY (aka Lavender Peace here in Aus) //
Serenity Restful Blend has a calming and relaxing aroma that provides a unique user experience. This perfectly balanced, tranquil blend can be felt immediately, transporting the user to a state of blissful repose and helps to promote sleep.
PS if you place it as an LRP order you will also get a 5ml OnGuard as the product of the month. How amazing is that!?!
How to order:
1. Keep option 1 selected (wholesale pricing)
2. Fill in your details
3. Choose whichever starter kit you feel drawn to (my pick is the Home Essentials Kit + Fractionated Coconut oil as it has everything you need to get started, otherwise select the Introductory Enrolment Packet and add the individual oils you would like to start with)
For more info on how to purchase click here: http://bit.ly/1pnyOwc